What is a front-end web developer?
What is front end web developer or who are front-end, web developers? They are programmers or developers that develop front-end visual elements. Visual elements that the end-users mostly interact with such as a website’s grids, pictures, icons, fonts, elements animations, forms, client-side scripting to make process on client’s machines, etc.
Front-end web developers also focus on making the websites faster, user-friendly, and SEO-friendly. They have good communication with back-end developers as they are responsible for the websites’ structure.
The purpose of writing this article is to make it easy for students to prepare themselves for a job.Author: Baqir Ali
What skills are required for Front End Web Developer?
For each skill, the percentage is given which shows the importance of that skill in the job. It does not mean that the skills with a lower percentage are not important, but it depends on the software houses and what technologies they are working on.
|Technologies Required||Requirement Percentage|
|HTML /HTML 5||12.60|
|CSS / CSS3||12.60|
|Google Tag Manager||0.79|
What are front-end web developers’ duties and responsibilities?
The followings are the duties and responsibilities for a front-end web developer that are collected from current job markets. The followings are a list of duties and responsibilities for front end web developer.
- Provide and support technical leadership within the team.
- Should be comfortable with other programmer’s existing code.
- Should be able to optimize existing code
- Turn project mock-ups and designs into functioning templates.
- Maintain site updates, fixing and troubleshooting front-end bugs, and improving performance.
- Edit pictures and videos using adobe suites.
- Technical writing, outlining instructions and defining objectives transparently
- Planning, estimating, outlining, problem-solving and critical thinking of projects and requests
- Develop standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information.
- Incorporate technical considerations into web sites design plans, such as performance requirements, or legal issues including accessibility and privacy.
- Conduct technical design reviews.
- Train users and answer questions.
- Audit projects to ensure best practices are followed.
- Recommend strategic code-sharing opportunities.
- Analyze and understand business needs.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Should be able to Convert PSD to HTML
Difference Between Senior vs Junior Front End Web Developer
Front End Web Developer Degree Requirement
Bachelor degree in CS, IT, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar degree
Front End Web Developer without a degree
Small software Houses such as Softnat Technologies or others may hire Front End Web Developers on the basis of a Diploma and experience but Big software houses may not hire someone without a degree. As big software houses do not have time to study the talent inside you. The first formality is having a bachelor’s degree.
Front End Web Developer vs Front End Web Designer
Front End Web Designers mostly work on the look and feel of websites to design new sites or converting existing ones. Programming concept is good to have as a web designer but it is not important.
Front End Web Designers focus on the following technologies
- adobe suites such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- creating website mockups
- converting PSD to HTML
- converting existing sites designs
- cms like WordPress and Joomla
Front End Web Developers Salary
According to the Payscale website, Front End Web Developer’s salary is $74,072/year in the united states which is a little bit higher than in Asian countries like Pakistan and India.
Support us by sharing this post